It was all a dream, I used to read VOGUE magazine….
Bags, shoes, belts, sunglasses, watches, the latest Gucci Iconic leather jacket with the red and green signature ribbon-it never ends. It all BEGAN with my first baby Louis Vuitton bag when I was 16yrs young and there appears to be no END.
Every year/season/month/week/day, we comprise wish lists that turn into I need it lists that transform into Why-The-Eff can’t I find it anywhere lists! It can be enticing, exhilarating and draining all at the same time. Just when you think you’ve achieved wardrobe greatness you get hit with the next big thing and slowly forget about that Gucci Marmont purse you just had to have (along with the rest of fashionistas in the world since it was the most purchased and sought after bag of 2017!).
For the ELITE few to inhabit this extremely materialistic world, what is bigger and better? How do you top what everyone has deemed the latest luxury “IT” item. I’ve found a few that will make your head and bank account spin…
- Hermes Exceptional Collection Shiny Rouge H Porosus Crocodile 30cm Birkin Bag. Boasts 18K white gold & diamond hardware- $386,000
- Chanel’s Diamond Forever handbag. It looks simple but is made of the fine crocodile leather, bejewelled with 334 diamonds that weighs 3.56 carats in white gold- $339,000
- Hermes Kelly Rosegold bag. Crafted to resemble crocodile leather, this luxurious tiny bag is made out of solid rose gold and is dotted with 1,160 diamonds - $2,590,000
- Stuart Weitzman Wizard of Oz Ruby Stilettos. These glamorous shoes were made using 123 karat rubies. 643 pieces were used in total and were set in a pound of platinum- $1,600,000
- Manolo Blahnik Blixa Alligator Pump. This brand is a consistent top performer in the everyday wearable most expensive shoe list- $4,600
- Republica Fashion’s Gucci Belt. The buckle is made entirely of platinum embedded with pieces of an extremely valuable 30 carat jewel in one of the G’s. There are only a highly limited number of this model available- $249,000
- Azature Black Diamond Nail Polish. Containing 267 carats of black diamonds, the jewelry designer thought “why not showcase this style on nails?” Ohhh sure! - $250,000
- Cartier Paris 18k Gold Sunglasses. The costly embellishments consist of 188 collet diamonds that add up to 7.5 carats in total- $25,000
**Fun Fact- "carat" is a unit of weight for diamonds where as "karat" when used with gold, is a unit of purity**
I'll leave you to ponder all this as you rush off to adjust your goals and aspiration boards ; )